Saturday, May 30, 2009

First few Days in Iowa.

So, I spent the first few days going through Orientation and meeting other summer missionaries. I will be working with Adam, so please be praying for him too. Tonight we have Saturday Supper, and will be meeting and socializing with the neighborhood. Most of the ministry and witnessing here is done through socializing and building relationships with the people who come to the Friendship Center.Today, we went to see Mikey, Alex, and Jose. They were "Cooking Out" in their backyard. It was adorable, because they all came up and hugged me, Mikey being the first. Then we saw Eric, Maria, Miguel, and Maria's baby that was born just as I left last summer. He is soooo big! It's adorable. We also saw Jesus, Carlos, Victor, and I met some new people. I am excited about everyone coming to Saturday Supper tonight. It's going to be a great summer. Please begin praying for the people in Iowa, and that opportunities will come to share God's love with them, and tell them about Jesus' sacrifice to give them Abundant Life.Love you guys! Keep in touch. I can't get online much, but I can receive letters, and I'm really good at Writing back.

So please pray for Adam and me and Jon and Mindy as we work at the Friendship Center.

No comments: