Monday, July 21, 2008

Some Smiling Faces..[Week 4]

Week 4!

I know I'm totally delayed in this.. But I'm trying to keep things updated and in order, for my memory, and for your entertainment/Prayer purposes. So enjoy Week four. I'm on Week 8.


The beloved guitar case, which is a miracle in itself. Ask my mom, if you want to know the story.


The backyard of the Friendship Center.


Kids ride their bikes to the Center.


1st through 3rd grade Recreation! They love running



Preschool-Kindergarten Recreation. They just like being goofy. This is Blessenprays (Blessen for short).


Chenoa, a total cutie. She's Alyssa's little sister. She's really shy in the mornings and by lunch time, she's jumping all over you.


Preschool Soccer is the best!


This week, a mural was painted downstairs in the basement. It's the Woman at the well. And this is Bobb. No really. His name is Bobb.


Jesus(Hey-zues) was in charge of painting Jesus(Jee-sus). It was kinda ironic to me.


The preschool/Kindergarten class! So many cute kids. So much love.


Lots of basketball is played. David threw the ball and I caught this contorted picture of his body.


1st-3rd grade class!


4th - 6th is usually our biggest class. We were talking about Bible stories


Here's the Youth group for the Friendship Center. Enidar, Rose, Carla, Miguel, Carlos, Ernie, and Jesus.


This kid was walking down the street by himself, pushing his bike.


Chenoa. Oh boy, this is a story. So. We had a water balloon fight. And Chenoa was being chased down by Jquincy, so she started crying. She ran to me, and I picked her up, and we both ran. Then allllll the kids decided they wanted to hit me with the water balloons, so we both got soaked!


So once Chenoa started crying, since she had gotten wet, Alex got upset. So he tried to comfort her by talking to her. He told her she could hit him with her balloon. Eric and Alex tried to dry her hair with their shirts. It was, adorable!


He handed her back the balloon, after many failed attempts of her throwing it at him. He was so sweet and so concerned about her being happy. Alex just loves younger kids.


Ciara threw the remaining water on the kids who were dying to get wet.


David, got soaked. He was so happy though!


The pizza guy came, with ALL the pizza. The Pre-K/Kindergarten kids watched with eager eyes, and shouted "Thank you Pizza guy!"


Everybody loves Pizza!


Eric, Alijandro, and Eduardo shared the garlic sauce with me.



The almost finished Mural. It's beautiful.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Wow! that's so cool! I just got back from 4-H roundup today. Can't wait to see you at photography soon!

Brooklyn

The Mountain's Path said...

Looks awesome Megan! I'll keep ya'll in my prayers. We're almost done with our work week here in Cambodia and will be having dinner at some of the congregations families. I think I'll be coming back around the same time as you so I'll talk to you then!

~ Josiah