Saturday, July 5, 2008

The workers are Few. [Or Plenty!]

So these are a few people that have been working this summer, either at the Friendship Center, or in Des Moines in General. They are working for God, and helping others, even if only for one week.




This is the Disaster Relief Team!


A second shot, with me in the photo as well. Yay Disaster Relief! These guys were super sweet.


The guy in Maroon (Matt) teased me the most.


They've all been such sweet people


Here is 'other Matt'. He's a firefighter from Oklahoma. God is going to do great things with his life.


Week 2 of Peppermint College, this team from Tennessee came to help! They were super sweet and taught me how to knit. They also took me out for dinner, and bought me socks and photo frames.


A photo with the two youngest team members from TN. Ciara and Jessica. They were pretty fun too. I was glad to spend time with them.


This is Dob. He helped with painting a mural in the basement of the Friendship Center. And Blessenprays is the girl with the ball. She's a handful but super cute.


The preschool teachers!


Preschool is a fun group ^___^


Willie ( in white) is the Head lady in charge of the TN group. They always seemed prepared for everything.


This is Pablo. He's pretty great.


Dob and the mural. He sketched it out, then helped the older youth draw and paint it till it was finished.


Dob prefers cartooning. He showed Pablo a lot of cool things. Now Pablo is making little cartoons.


Group shot of the Preschool kids! They are the cutest.


The first week of camp, we had this team from Arkansas come to help out. This is Cody. He's cool.


They were a youth group, and super helpful.






Breedo and I got along really well. =)




They were always playing pranks or doing something.








My favorite guitarist. This is Tim. He's helped me so much with Praise Band on Sunday mornings. He's amazing with guitar.


This is Colleen. She's Tim's wife. She is super sweet. We're like sisters. She sings on Sunday mornings, and though she won't admit it, she does a great job


And here is Sandy, the Pianist, Colleen, and Laura, who also sings.

So those are just a few of my coworkers. They are all such great people and I have adored working with them! Please keep them in prayers as they continue their mission work in other places.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great group of people!! The pictures are wonderful and I can tell all are having a great time. How blessed you are to meet a wide range of people with different talents and gifts in the body of Christ. God is good all the time. - Mom

Anonymous said...

Her name is Blessenprays? Like Bless and Prays(Praise)? I wanna cool name like that!

Anonymous said...

<3
I suck at talking about things so, I'll say you found a wonderful group of people.

Also, Blessen? Wow.

~ Reji

sourpatch said...

Nice, Megan!! It looks like your having a great time serving the Lord! I can't wait to see you back at home! I'm going to add you to my Blogroll. Remember to check my main blog: ejmdailylife.blogspot.com and my photography blog: photographyanemptycanvas.blogspot.com.

See you soon!

Elana

The Mountain's Path said...

Looks like a good crew over there! Can't wait to hear the stories when you get back!

~ Josiah