Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Anxieties and Exasperations.

[ So to start things off, I'm really nervous about the 20 days (wait.. 19 now?) left before I leave for Iowa. I guess that's sort of a prayer request. Take it as you will. ]

There are so many things I'm nervous about over this summer. First, I'm living with strangers. I feel weird sleeping over at my best friend's house. So that should prove interesting. I'm really weird with small talk. Pray for that?

Also, I'm helping lead worship. (Wow, my brother is being soooo loud right now. He's talking like.. well. I don't know. He sounds like Pterodactyl, and I wish I had a recorder right now.) I get so nervous in front of people.

Oh.. and.. I'm going to become so close to the kids I work with, I'm not sure I'll want to leave them to come home. Though I'm worried about becoming homesick.

Also, and this is a huge prayer request. I have a hard time Leaving things in God's hands. I'm leaving behind some friends who I feel like if I'm gone, they'll become more and more distant. And I need to leave their lives in His hands. And for a girl who likes things set in stone, inkpen writing, that's hard.

So please pray for these things too. I'm so excited, and so nervous about going.

~Love
Megan

No comments: