Monday, June 2, 2008

Iowa.

So. Its been 5 days. I figured an update was in Order.

I made it to Iowa on Thursday. After much delay at the airport. But God is so good. I sat next to a girl from China, and we got to talk a lot about what we were doing over the summer. She was really sweet.

So I got to Iowa, and guess what. There isn't any corn! I know. I was pretty bummed myself. But they said it'll be here when I leave. The meeting was cancelled, so I got to meet Jon and Mindy right away. They are SO sweet. And they also have an adorable 2 year old named Maggie. She's the cutest kid. I spent some time with them, getting aquainted with the Friendship Center. I also got to help with food distribution, and I met a lot of the kids I'll be working with. Then I met my first host family. They are the pastor and his family. Super sweet. They take good care of me.

So. Let me tell you. This house is beautiful. It's 80 years old, and gorgeous. I have a room to use, and I use the church shower and bathroom. Which is also nice. My first few nights I had a lot of nightmares about all the people I was nervous leaving behind. But somehow.. I woke up feeling like God was in control. And that's a beautiful feeling.

I got a chance to sing and play guitar during worship for the church. I filled in for some people who were missing. It was an amazing experience. I didn't ever expect to be able to do that.

Today was great too. I worked with a lot of the older youth during "Disciples". We played games, and talked a bit.

So, please please please pray, that I kind of understand how to act with the youth. Its mostly guys, and I don't know how to act. Also, pray for help this summer. Its a lot of work.

And.. Lastly

Please pray for the summer Missionaries. Especially my friend Amy in Montana, and my friend Josh in the Dominican Republic. They are also working all summer with children.

Thanks so much, and also. Here's some photos~



Yeah. They say Pop. It makes me giggle.



This is Jon and Maggie. She's adorable, and he can make ever Sesame Street character sound.







This is the Friendship Center doorway.


Luis' Car.

They play a lot of Basketball.





Its been great so far. Keep in touch and keep us in Prayers.

~Megan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan,

Loved all the pictures. Praying God will continue to use you and guide you during the summer. He is a Mighty GOD! AML, ATT, A. MOM
PS: They may not have corn but we got lots of green tomatoes at the house!!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you. So glad I can keep in touch. The name of the song. "Lord You Amaze Me". The one I was trying to think of while we were camping. Yes they do say "POP" and it is funny to me also. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. Your schedule looks like you are going to be very busy. The summer will fly by. Uncle D. in Grenada said you are about seven or eight miles from his brothers house. We love you and again we are so proud of you.
Aunt CAR