Thursday, June 19, 2008

First week of Peppermint College(Camp)

So. We have officially finished our first week of Peppermint College. This is the name for the camp/VBS type thing we do at the Friendship Center. Our numbers were anywhere between 60-75 all week. Today we had 72 total. It's been crazy. But the kids are great.

At first, we didn't have a lot of help, but a second group from Arkansas came to join us. So we had a group from Winterset in charge, and a group from Arkansas helping out. Its been so fun working with people as well as the kids. I've taken some photos of a few of them that were especially special to me this week.



This is Candi, Maye, and me. I looooove Candi. She worked with Crafts and was so much fun!



Just down the street from the Friendship Center is the Buddhist Temple.



Buddha, of the Vietnamese Buddhist Association.



Horacio [ Or Bubba ]. He's really sweet. Andrea is in the background.



This is Nigel. He's the monster who sleeps under my bed.



The first week of camp, I worked with 4th-6th grade. This was my class. it was Crazy!



Yvette, Tatiana, and me. We all had the same tattoo.



Maye, her brother Eric, and a worker from Winterset in the Background. Eric is SO sweet. He's also only 4.



Maye, pretty much everyone's favorite 4 year old. She's adorable, and sweet, and she hugs me a lot.



Alejandro, caught off guard while dribbling.



Jose, or Carlos. I've yet to determine which is his first and which is his last name.



Christian. He's adorable and Brilliant, but he has a bit of a temper. I still love him to death.



Tayler and Harrlie hiding from the Camera



Yvette, Tatiana, and Emily. Three of the sweetest girls.



4th-6th Gade. Kassandra is next to me. I think that's Freddy on the other side. Binh is in the back making the crazy face.



More flooding. The water was -so- high.



The Stop Sign.



Pablo and Jon, discussing.



My room at Andrea and Dan's. Note the flowers and Candle.



Krystal from the Winterset Team! She worked with the Youth and was super sweet.



Just a pretty photo. I like the Orientish thing. And the boat was kinda cool.



Sandbags at City Hall



The flooding at the Arch. Its crazy, cause the water is at the lamppost lights.



Some stop lights Downtown.



This is TIM, again. He drives with this expression, all the time.

Anyhow. Its almost 11:30. I've gotta get up at 5:30 and I am super tired. I'll try to upload some more photos tomorrow. Too many photos, not enough time. Goodnight, And Dios te Bendiga!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of those pictures of the kids are adorable. I glad things are going well.