Thursday, June 12, 2008

A love for the lost, and the Found.

So things have been crazy, hence why I haven't written much lately.

Lets start at the beginning of the week.

Sunday, I got to play guitar again during worship, and help sing. Its a beautiful experience for me, a chance I didn't have before that God has given me. He is so Good.

Monday, Well we've had a lot of rain here. Consequently, people have flooded basements and Garages. We helped Maria (A lady from church) empty her garage, sort through wet boxes, assemble shelves, and reorganize. It took 11 hours, but it was somehow, really fun. Especially when we went through a box of photos. Luckily, none were harmed. She's a sweet lady.

Tuesday, Same thing. Went back to Maria's. Jon and Mindy are out of town this week for speaking arrangements and meetings. So I've been working at the church. Its really great.

Wednesday. Oh, that's today. Haha. I worked in the office a lot. Its been good. Then tonight, I got the chance to work with the youth again. I'm going to be leading them in worship every week, and I need some prayer. They don't know as many songs, and they can be kind of shy. I also feel like they really need to grow in Christ. I talked to Perry, the guy in charge of the Youth, and he's going to let me help in the Bible studies we do on Wednesdays. I'm so excited. Iowa is exactly where I need to be. I'm growing in so many ways, that I wouldn't have had the chance to, if I had been anywhere else. Please pray for the youth as well. I want them to have a passion for God. I've really fallen in love with them.

So Jon and Mindy get back tonight, and are picking me up tomorrow at 12, if their basement isn't flooded. I'll be mowing the grass again, so pray that it goes well. I'm not very strong. And its high grass.

So Camp starts next week. its going to be Crazy, but I'm so excited about it. Pray it goes well. We'll see a lot of kids in and out. I'll be eating Ramen for lunch everyday, because it is easy to fix. That and Easy mac.

I love you guys, and I leave you with Simple Advice from one of my very wise friends, whom I admire and look up to.

God will do what God will do. He is good.
You just be you and I will be me and God will be God and we'll all live.

Thanks Josh.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Great to hear what you're up to. The black background makes it really hard to read! But I did! We love you!